ISO 18001 (OHSAS) is international standard applied for Occupational health and safety management system specification established for the organizations to control health and safety risks. ISO 18001 provides a safe and healthy environment. It provides an organization a structure to:
- Control health and safety risks.
- Reduce the possibility of accidents.
- Assists authorized compliance.
Benefits of OHSAS ISO 18001:
- Reduced incidents and accident rates.
- Control on OHSAS risks.
- Reduce Costs.
- Operational controls
- Competitive advantage to grow your business.
- Improved employee morale resulting in increased productivity.
- Greater involvement of employees resulting in good and improved health.
OHSAS 18001 concentrates on identifying and reducing the risks, resulting in continual improvement in an organization or the work place. ISO 18001 help an organization to achieve maximum return from their employees and customers.
OHSAS 18001 requirements:
- Identifying and removing the risks.
- Preparation for emergencies.
- Competence, training and awareness.
- Giving more emphasis to health.
ISO 18001 is the requirement of most of the Developed countries. The standard focuses on Risk during the work, so organization need to take care of the health of the employees and also health & safety of all the personals during the working in the organization. There is a requirement of making HIRA (Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment) in the standard. The organization there after taking the preventive action to reduce the impact and effect of the Hazards. This standard helps the organization to reduce the accidents in the organization thus saving the cost occur due to those accidents or incidents.